If you are looking to take your skill as a guitar player to the next level, you have a few options:
- Register for extremely expensive lessons at your local music shop.
- Signup for that sketchy website with the terrible user interface that guarantees your "rock'n'roll" status in 3 easy steps.
- Try to teach yourself with no help and spend 182,893,434 times the amount of time it should take to learn one new trick.
- Give up because it's hard and sulk in your sadness.
If none of these work, you have two final options:
- Take lessons with me. It will be fun. (seriously)
- Subscribe to Articulate Guitar on YouTube FOR FREE and be amazed.
To be clear, this blog post is about a new website/YouTube channel I stumbled across called Articulate Guitar. I've been so impressed by the professionalism, organization, conciseness, teachability, free access, and tips/tricks that Articulate Guitar offers. Did I mention that it's FREE?!
Ian White, the creator and curator of Articulate Guitar, keeps the following statement as the backbone of this musical service.
"Traditionally, the process of becoming a competent guitarist has been defined either by monolithic, laborious personal lessons, or sporadic, inefficient digital resources. Articulate was designed to synthesize the utility of a personalized lesson program with the freedom of self-guided practice, allowing each player to learn effectively while maintaining personal expression. It's time to make your music say what you mean."